How diverse is your world? Every day, you cross paths with people from varied cultural backgrounds, with unique experiences and stories.
Embracing different viewpoints not only broadens your horizons but also sharpens your ability to reflect and be more in touch with the diverse world around you. In this workshop, we’ll delve deep into various aspects of diversity, ranging from differing cultural nuances to gender and sexual orientation.
We keep it engaging and relevant because diversity is anything but a dry topic. Throughout our workshop, we’ll offer a multitude of insights and tips to help you navigate a diverse world with sensitivity and understanding.
Learning objectives and content:
- Developing awareness around gender, sexual, and intercultural diversity
- Hands-on exercises to shift and broaden your perspectives
- Insights into recognizing and addressing everyday biases and discrimination
- Practical advice for embracing diversity in your everyday life
CIC – Certificate of Intercultural Competence: This workshop can count as Component A towards your Certificate of Intercultural Competence (CIC).
Since the two sessions over two days are interconnected, it’s crucial to attend both. To earn CIC credit, attending both sessions is mandatory.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Your PIASTA Team
Event consists of 2 Dates.
- Fri, 01.12.2023, 1:00 p.m.—6:00 p.m.
- Sat, 02.12.2023, 10:00 a.m.—4:00 p.m.
- Course number
- Led by
- Britta Hasenbank, B.A. Erziehungswissenschaften, Queere Vernetzung Hamburg; Laurent Gillen, B.A. Japanologie, Gender Studies, Deutsch als Zweitsprache, freiberuflicher Trainer Diversity & Inclusion
- Target group
- Students, Doctoral Students, UHH graduates
- Max number of participants
- Booking period
- You can book this event until 4:00 p.m. on 02 December 2023.
Share this event