Whether in academia, in the professional world or in everyday life we are directly and indirectly confronted with behavior and belief-systems other than our own. In a world that is constantly growing closer, coping with a multitude of cultural backgrounds, values, and mentalities has become a key qualification.
This workshop aims at empowering its participants to widen their communicational repertoire for culturally sensitive settings and enable them to minimize difficulties and misunderstandings that arise from cultural differences.
We will actively examine the key terms and mechanisms in intercultural interaction and identity formation. By raising awareness for culturally sensitive contexts, we will reflect on our own self-perceptions and the ideas we have of others. In practical exercises we will strengthen our sensitivity and communicative patterns, discussing different cultural imprints and our approaches to them as well as practicing our ability to change perspectives.
Event consists of 2 Dates.
- Sat, 20.03.2021, 09:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Sun, 21.03.2021, 09:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Course number
- Led by
- Dr. Lima Sayed, Amerikanistin und Mitarbeiterin im Career Center.
- Target group
- Students, Doctoral Students, UHH graduates (up to 2 years after graduating)
- Max number of participants
- Booking period
- You can book this event until 12:00 p.m. on 19 March 2021.
Share this event