Many students work alongside their studies to finance their studies and gain practical experience.
Are you planning to work during your time at university? If so, take part in this session and find out the answers to the most important questions about working while studying.
There is a lot to consider, from finding the right job to social security contributions and legal regulations regarding employment contracts.
- Where can I find student jobs?
- How can I combine work with my studies?
- What is a mini job? What is a part-time job? What is a student employee (Werkstudent)?
- How can I be self-employed, for example, teach classes through a fee agreement?
- Do I have to pay social security contributions and taxes?
- What regulations do international students from non-EU countries have to observe?
- What things do employment contracts regulate? (e.g., probationary period, illness, vacation, overtime, and termination)
- Where can I turn if I have questions or problems?
There will, of course, be time for further questions at the end.
This session is organized by the Counselling Centre for Social and International Affairs.
The advisers look forward to this session with you. If you have specific questions related to your individual situation, we recommend that you speak with our advisers during the Centre’s office hours.
This event will take place via Zoom. Shortly before the event begins, we will send a Zoom link to the email address you provided in your UHH Join account. Check your profile if you are unsure which email address you entered in UHH Join. UHH Zoom (download Zoom software) and UHH Join
Information about the Welcome Week and contact details for the PIASTA Welcome Team can be found on our website.
- Course number
- Led by
- Studierendenwerk Hamburg, Studierendenwerk Hamburg; Beratungszentrum Soziales & Internationales – BeSI, Counselling Centre for Social and International Affairs (BeSI)
- Target group
- Students, Doctoral Students
- Max number of participants
- Booking period
- You can book this event until 08:00 a.m. on 04 October 2023.
Share this event