Are you writing a term paper, a dissertation, or a research article in English? This workshop is designed to serve you!
Susannah Ewing, Coach for English for Academic Purposes and Academic Writing, offers detailed input on the expected structures and language for writing in English, and formative feedback on your own work.
We will have two main sessions and one whole week of targeted support. Each ‘session’ will consist largely of three elements:
- input in the form of video- or ppt-tutorials, which you can view in your own time as of the previous day,
- a scheduled Q&A session via Zoom,
- and a peer feedback session in groups of 3 using a closed online file-sharing and commenting tool.
In addition, in the time between the sessions Susannah will provide individual feedback on up to five pages of your current writing project, either via email or in a separately scheduled online meeting.
- read and understand academic texts in English
- learn about text structure and language used in the context of academic English
- acquire techniques for revising and editing your texts, in particular, those that are useful when working in a foreign or second language
Q&A Session 3 - 4 pm
Event consists of 2 Dates.
- Fri, 22.01.2021, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Fri, 29.01.2021, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Course number
- Led by
- MA Susannah Ewing Bölke, CTEFLA
- Target group
- Students, Doctoral Students
- Max number of participants
- Booking period
- You can book this event until 3:00 p.m. on 22 January 2021.
Import into calendar (iCal)
Share this event