Taking an empowerment perspective, this online workshop focuses on ways university students deal with racism and/or anti-Semitism.
The first step is to develop a common understanding of racism, one that sees it as a social and historical power structure. A further focus will be on ways of responding to racism, for example, by drawing on our own strengths and resources. We will work with a variety of methods used in the field of political education that will incorporate creative approaches, videos, and physical exercises.
The online workshop will be conducted in German, but we can provide translation into English.
Attention: This online workshop is offered only to black students and students of color who have experienced racism and/or anti-Semitism in Germany. This includes students of African or Asian origin, Muslims, Roma, Sinti, and Jewish people, as well as those with an immigrant background.
Event consists of 2 Dates.
- Sat, 30.01.2021, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Sun, 31.01.2021, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Course number
- Led by
- BA Thu Hoai Tran, Freie Bildungsvermittler*in; MA Miriam Yosef, Freie Bildungsvermittlerin
- Target group
- Students, Doctoral Students
- Max number of participants
- Booking period
- You can book this event until 11:00 a.m. on 30 January 2021.
Import into calendar (iCal)
Share this event